Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"Who would win in a fight?"

Growing up I was a game machine. I came up with "50 different games to play in a kitchen" before 3rd grade. I created everything from games with paper plates, "Frippins" and games you played while naked, "Beep-Beeps."



In the last few years there has been an explosion in popularity for MMA. It's often said that MMA spawned from discussions about who would win between experts of the various martial arts specialties. Thus, I feel that the world is ready for an expansion of MMA to involve animals. This is a game I played in my head for years as a child. Academia claims to have solved the age old question of lion versus tiger, so we need to move on. The world needs to know how 4 polar bears would fare against a great white shark and 2 lions.

I know, this would be totally inhumane and bring civilization back about 2000 years to the days of ancient Rome, but couldn't we find a way to answer the many questions that I have from my childhood virtually without the mass slaughter of people and animals?

Oh, and the hippo would definitely destroy a team of bullfighters but if the bullfighters had a cougar on their side? Let the debate begin.