Friday, January 4, 2008

2008 Resolutions

Happy 2008 dedicated readers! I hope you both got everything you wanted for Christmas, and are striding into '08 happy, healthy, and inexplicably curious about our mundane doings.


As this blog is mainly about self-improvement, vanity, and the public airing of our private business, my resolutions for the New Year:

  • Lose 30 pounds.
  • Get new, awesome, job.
  • Break into the top 10 Google results for "Zach Fletcher", "Zachary Fletcher", or "Big Ern"
  • Get Master's Degree.
  • Pay off all credit cards and truck.
  • Live on a 60-10-10-10-10 budget.
  • Write the computer code for the project I've been mulling for the last few years.
  • Create (and use) at least 2 of Digg, Technorati, etc.
  • Become more active. Be able to complete 1 full week (7 days in a row) of CrossFit workouts.
  • Contribute $20 each month to a worthy, off-beat charity. (See, moustache, Baraka)
  • Crush Elroy, ACom, and Electronic Vagrant in Villager page views.
  • Remodel bathrooms.
  • Acquire at least 1 useful skill. Think carpentry or .NET design.

I will be setting targets/measures of success for each resolution later this week. I will post updates on/about the first of each month. If other, not-so-new resolutions occur to me, I may add them.

Elroy, ACOM, EV, what will you be doing better this year?

*Fixed date to un-bury post.